Here is the GDPR Privacy notice for Chasing Dragonflies (trading company Ultimate Publications Ltd).
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Kelly Owen is the data controller. This means she is accountable for how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Shared controls and processes will be implemented for GDPR within Chasing Dragonflies and access to the data will be controlled by Kelly Owen and will be limited to those directly involved in the transaction of the books (mailing company and bank or payment system) and accountants (for the required purposes of submitting tax and income reports to HMRC).
3. How do we process your personal data?
Chasing Dragonflies and Ultimate Publications Ltd (the company publishing the books, owned by Kelly Owen) complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
The personal data we collect through this blog and purchased of books is: email, name and postal address, along with a telephone number.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Where you have opted to receive notifications of a new blog post published on Chasing Dragonflies blog;
• To post a book order to you at the address supplied on order, which includes printing a postage label;
• To respond to direct emails from you
• To maintain our own accounts and records of orders received for taxation purposes.
Other than blog notifications, which you can control through WordPress, we do not use your data to send you marketing or other communication.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is carried out by Ultimate Publications Ltd:
o the processing relates only to those who have placed an order (or those who have regular contact with the blog); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared for relevant purposes connected with Chasing Dragonflies / Ultimate Publications Ltd. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the company with your explicit consent. Access to data is strictly controlled and must be agreed by the Data Controller.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data on a secure laptop, on PayPal and Amazon accounts. It is kept for the purpose of providing you with books.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Chasing Dragonflies / Ultimate Publications Ltd holds about you;
• The right to request that the Data Controller corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Chasing Dragonflies / Ultimate Publications Ltd to retain such data. Some data will be retained for legal purposes but will be archived and not proactively used;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to request that the data controllers provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints, please in the first instance contact the Data Controller at CDOffice@virginmedia.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Updated 24 May 2018